Frozen desserts are one of those things where, if you don’t like them I’m a little suspicious of you. Like, what’s your vice? I assume the worst of people who don’t have at least one type of frozen dessert they enjoy.
So in an effort to bring more frozen dessert options to the people of the world, I have a great little recipe to share. Once again, thanks to Siggi’s Icelandic Skyr, my obsession and current muse for everything edible.
I will provide links to items available on Amazon, for simplicity. Most of these items should be easily accessible at your local grocer!
- 1 cup Siggi’s yogurt –
- 6 bananas, cut in half
- Toppings – shredded coconut, pistachios, etc.
- 1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 4 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 12 popsicle sticks
- Insert popsicle sticks into banana halves and place in freezer for 2 hours or overnight to harden.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt and milk slowly to ensure consistency is not too liquidy.
- To melt chocolate (if using chips like I did) throw a little coconut oil in before microwaving for 30 seconds at a time. The coconut oil will help the chocolate stay in liquid form easier and harden more quickly once it’s on the banana)
- Dip each banana into yogurt mixture and sprinkle with toppings and drizzle with chocolate.
- Throw back into the freezer for approx 30 mins, if desired. (I did this so melted chocolate had a chance to harden)
These popsicles are super simple and easy to substitute toppings with whatever ingredients you have around the house. If you’re sticking with a focus on plant-based I would recommend going for a coconut milk yogurt instead of dairy and using vegan chocolate.
Overall everyone in my house liked these popsicles, the bananas did freeze very well so in order to eat them a little easier, I throw them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds before I eat them so the center of the banana isn’t rock hard. Otherwise, you’re set for a delectable snack that’s easy to make!! Enjoy!