Pinterest was my original source for this recipe but as always I changed a few things up and made it a little bit my own. The original recipe is from Stockpiling Moms and can be found here.
The main difference in the recipe I make is that I use almond milk instead of dairy milk as we have done away with dairy milk in our house. Something about its original intention being to help a baby cow grow to 400lbs really turns me off from cow milk.
As far as serving size, this amount typically feeds me and my husband. We probably eat portion sizes that are bigger than average, but whatever, portion sizes are rarely accurate for what I can actually eat and I know I’m not the only one in that category.
Overall these nuggets are amazing and perfect pairing with whatever sauce unless you’re not a sauce person. My husband and I love thousand island dressing for almost everything lately and these nuggets pair very well with them!
Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk (I use almond milk, but dairy milk should work as well)
- 1 lb. skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- peanut or canola oil for frying
- In a large bowl whisk milk and egg together.
- Place chicken on cutting board and cut into cubed bite-size pieces; trim any fat.
- Place the chicken in the egg/milk mixture and toss so all are coated and place in refrigerator for approx 30 minutes to soak.
- In another large bowl combine the dry ingredients listed above and stir
- In cast iron skillet or saucepan pour in oil so that its at least an inch deep on med/high heat.
- Remove the chicken from refrigerator and place about 8 pieces from the milk mixture into the flour mixture.
- Make sure all the chicken is coated with the flour and then place into the hot oil.
- Cook each side for at least 2-3 minutes or until golden brown (You want to make sure that chicken is no longer pink so you can cut one piece to test it out).
- Place the chicken on some paper towels to soak up any oil.
- Repeat the same steps with the rest of the chicken and serve.
I hope you enjoy! If you make this recipe, let me know what you think! Do anything different? Let me know!