This recipe originally comes from Peas and Crayons, which you can find linked here.
My husband actually picked out this recipe as someone he wanted to try on our new “vegetarian-ish” lifestyle.
When I say “ish” it’s because we are trying to make long-lasting changes that we won’t abandon after two weeks because it’s too hard. So while we are still occasionally eating meat, we are not eating red meat and limit the number of days a week we actually eat meat. This has been the best way for us to transition our diets because, unfortunately, we aren’t the kind of people that can wake up and become vegan the next day. Kudos to those who can, but our outlook is any progress is better than no progress!
So without further ado, here’s the recipe!
- 8 oz Chickpea Pasta
- 2.5 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup corn
- 1-2 cups black beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz grated cheese
- Stir enchilada sauce and refried beans into pot you plan to cook in.
- Add diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and chickpea pasta.
- Bring to boil, then add as much corn and black beans as you want.
- Reduce heat, covered if desired, allow pasta to cook for about 20 mins until pasta is fully cooked.
- Dish into bowls and add cheese to top, unless you would like it melted in with your meal.
- Top with sour cream, avocados, salsas and whatever makes you happy.